New Chairs Announced to District 11
A warm welcome to our new 2nd Vice Chair in charge of training, Kathie Kline. A lifelong Democrat, Kathie has been active in politics since 1983. Her experiences range from working on campaigns, precinct chair, campaign manager, cluster leader and trainer. She also works on BCDP’s Data Team and the BCDP GOTV Operations Team. Kathie can be reached at Kathiebkine@gmail.com.
Karen Albig smith has joined District 11 as Third Vice-Chair. She is a lifelong Democrat and currently serving as Union Precinct Chair in Macon County. North Carolina contributions to the Democratic Party include serving on the Resolutions Committee for the District last year, staffing at Macon County headquarters coordinating canvassing for the 2018 midterms. Her most recent source of activist pride is having attended the Women’s March in January 2017. “I am happy to serve the 11th Congressional District as your Communications Coordinator. Let me know how I can help.” 🙂 mailto:email@example.com
2020 Primary Election: NO VOTER ID IS NEEDED
- Early Voting is February 13-29. Early voting site can be found at: https://vt.ncsbe.gov/ossite/
- Same Day Registration is available to those who are not yet registered during early voting with proof of residency – Not on Election Day!
- Primary Election Day is March 3 from 6:30AM to 7:30PM. Voters must vote in their home precinct that day. Polling places an be found at: https://vt.ncsbe.gov/PPLkup/
2020 District Convention: Saturday April 25, 2020
- Pisgah High School, 1 Black Bear Drive, Canton, NC
- Start time : Noon-4:00PM Watch for updates at: https://www.nc11democrats.org/new-events
- Registration at 10:30 AM Food at 11:00 AM
- FOOD!!! There will be a BBQ lunch available prior to the Convention (YAY!) – more details will be posted at the event page.
The Proposed Agenda
- Election of District Delegates and Alternates to the DC Milwaukee (Applications are available at https://www.ncdp.org/dnc-2020/ accepted through March 26)
- Election of Member (Biennial State Convention Committee on Credentials and Appeals)
- Election of Member (Council of Review)
- Election of Member (Resolutions and Platform Committee)
- Nominate one Presidential Elector from the Congressional
2020 Liston B. Ramsey Dinner
(“Please pardon our TBAs – We are Still under Construction”
- April 25, 2020, 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Waynesville Inn Golf Resort
- 176 Country Club Drive, Waynesville, NC 28766, USA (MAP)
- Cocktail/Social Hour at 4:00 PM: Dinner and Program at 5:00 PM
- Dinner Ticket: $_TBA_; Young Dems $_TBA_
Introduction of Candidates
Key Note Address: To be announced
Presentation of the 2020 Liston B. Ramsey Awards by County
Mountain Democrat of the Year
Please join our fellow NC 11th Congressional Democrats for dinner and community fellowship. The event will follow our 2020 Congressional District Convention.
We’re looking forward to seeing you there!
NC CD11 Democratic Officers
Mark Your Calendars
Meet the NC11 Congressional Candidates – Monday February 10th, 6:00 PM: Agricultural Center, 589 Raccoon Road, Waynesville (map). Hosted by the Haywood County Democratic Party, the candidates will participate in a debate moderated by Julia Buckner.
All 5 Democratic candidates are scheduled to participate. This is your opportunity to meet Gina Collias, Moe Davis, Michael O’Shea, Phillip Price and Steve Woodsmall.
2020 Precinct Organizational Period – February 15, 2020; Make up day – March 14, 2020
2020 County Democratic Party Conventions – Saturday, March 28, 2020
2020 District 11 Democratic Convention – Saturday, April 25, 2020 12:00 PM
- Registration 10:30 AM
- BBQ Lunch 11:00 AM
- Pisgah High School (map)
2020 North Carolina Democratic Convention – Saturday, June 6, 2020
Check the Events Page for Updates and Tickets: https://www.nc11democrats.org/new-events. You can also find information and updates of events around the district at nc11democrats.org or by following us on Facebook.