Welcome to the Jackson County Democratic Party
500 Mill Street, Sylva, NC
Mailing address: PO Box 114
Sylva. NC 28779 Phone:
Jackson County Democratic Party Mission Statement
The mission of the Jackson County Democratic Party is to elect qualified Democrats to county, state and national offices and to advocate for policies that reflect our values.
We believe in:
- equal rights and equal due process
- a free press
- fact-based decision-making
- civility and the importance of community
- country and Constitution before politics and partisanship
- the dignity of work
- living wages
- nontoxic workplaces
- a responsive and responsible safety net
- a 21st-century infrastructure
- clean air and water
- environmental stewardship
- the reality and importance of climate change
- humankind’s role in global warming
- the value of science
- accessible, affordable health care
- safe, free high-quality pubic schools through community college
- educationally appropriate, accessible and affordable child care
- diversity making us stronger
- comprehensive, humane immigration reform
- a strong national defense
- alliances with our international partners
- comprehensive veterans’ benefits and respect for their service
- Bottom-up Hierarchy
- Auxiliary Groups
- Issues Roundtable
Join the Democratic Women of Jackson County
The Democratic Women of Jackson County’s objectives are to encourage women to seek public office and to participate in Democratic Party activities. DWJC has many opportunities to serve the public and make new friends. All interested women are invited to seek membership. A critical mass of Democratic Women can make the difference! Democratic Women of Jackson County meets on the 3rd Thursday. See the Calendar Tab for other DWJC events. Join us!
Barbara Bell, 828-226-0897, firstname.lastname@example.org and
Jane Koenig, 678-525-0771, email@example.com
Join the Democratic Men of Jackson County
The Jackson County Democratic Men’s Club works to recruit candidates, advance the Democratic agenda, and elect Democrats to all levels of government. Check the calendar for meeting dates. The Men’s Club is open to all registered Democratic men and dues are $30 annually.
Randy Cabe, President 828-342-8877
Join the College Democrats of Jackson County
The College Democrats of Jackson County is an organization for all Jackson County registered Democrats from the ages of 18 to 35 who have an active interest in governmental affairs, who are seeking a mechanism for satisfying political expression, and who want to make the members of the Democratic Party aware that young people intend to take an active role in party affairs.
Contacts for Western Carolina University College Dems are:
- President Stephen C. Hunter, firstname.lastname@example.org, (828) 399-9958 or
- Vice President Lauren Stogner, email@example.com, 336-207-4586
Get In touCh
Got a question?
Let Us Know...
Please fill out the math problem next to the "Send" button to help combat spam.